If you are thinking about putting up a mobile version of your site, you might want to go minimal.
We know that a lot of you cringe at the thought of “minimalist,” thinking that your site would be boring and bland. You instantly think of black text on white background and not much in the way of graphics.
But this is a misconception. Minimalist does not really have to equate to boring. Minimalism, however, means that you present and use text, graphics and color only as they are needed.
Instead, take a lesson from the movie Reservoir Dogs. Their posters and marketing collaterals have always been a great example of minimalist that is not boring, not for a mile.
So you see, minimalist takes a little more creativity than you think. You should come up with the right elements, the right font, the right colors and the right graphics to make sure that still capture your brand’s values and message while also engaging your mobile site visitors.
The benefits of minimalist mobile website designs
1. Cut through the clutter. Mobile users are accessing your sites out of home. Don’t turn them off by presenting a lot of elements that are downright unnecessary. Instead you should present your information in such a way that they could find what they want fast.
2. Perfect for mobile. Mobile devices have smaller screens, slower Internet and data connections, and smaller bandwidths. Having a minimalist design helps you overcome these limitations.
3. Designing is easier. Knowing just what elements are necessary and appreciated on a mobile screen would help you design your mobile site better. This would help you give your users a better surfing experience rather than giving them a poorly planned website that would just turn them off. Plus having only the essential elements included would make it easier for you to make sure that your site is cross-platform: it would look great on an iPhone screen, an iPad screen, or even a feature phone screen.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Google Releases New Wallet App
- Krispy Kreme’s Valentine’s Day Promotion
- Raaw Foods Teams Up With Cas Haley For Christmas Promotion
- Guinness Confirms NoDa Rooftop QR Code as World’s Largest
- Socialize, Interact, Network
- QR Code Contest Promoting Barca To Fans
- Getting Into Your Customers' Heads With A QR Code
- Buzz, Buzz, Buzz... BeQRious?
- Paintball, QR Code Style
- Track The Box’s Life
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.