With the increasing use of QR codes both by businesses and individuals, it is not surprising to see them just about everywhere.
In addition, QR codes have been coming out on a lot of strange places as well. Here are our picks for the most unusual places that QR codes have been placed on:
1. QR code tombstones and memorials. Even when the subject of death is difficult to discuss as it makes people very uncomfortable, there are people out there who wants to share their lives with other people using a QR code placed on their tombstones. This just made death more social.
QR coded memorials are such in vogue that it has caught the attention of the BBC even though it has been around for so long such as the QR code memorials to the victims of the Japanese tsunami and Shorline Holyrood Cemetery’s QR coded tombstones as well as Quiring Monument’s laser copper stickers to be placed on tombstones.
2. In the United Kingdom, QR codes have shown up on rubbish bins all around Westminster in London. The QR codes allowed local residents to join a contest while also learning about recycling.
3. Borderlands 2 Game. Critically acclaimed and top rating video game Borderlands 2 has a lot of easter eggs for gamers to find. One of them is a QR code found on a pizza box in one sequence of the game.
The QR codes are quite difficult to scan, but if you do so successfully, you will get the following quotation: “Wise man say, forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza”- Captain Cicard”
4. On the backsides of female athletes. Seriously, this did happen. Betfair.com has been putting up QR codes on the backsides of female athletes, where it is not only difficult to scan, but a little bit awkward as well. They did it not just once, but at least two times. The first time using Shauna Mullin and Zara Dampney as their brand ambassadors and the more recent one with Chantal Sutherland.
Tell us about the least likely places that you’ve seen a QR code!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- That QR Code Could Become Your ATM
- Ruben Ubeira Brings Artwork To Life With QR Codes
- QR Codes Useful During Seminar and Talks
- IMAN Cosmetics Uses QR Codes to Help Women Find Their Shade
- Five Amazing Things You Could Easily Do with BeQRious QR Code Generator
- John Lewis Opens QR Code Store
- Near-Field Communication and QR Codes... The Next Fight
- Lauren Conrad Is Perfect Ambassador
- New York Toy Hunt
- QR Code Treasure Hunt Holiday Game
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.