QR codes have proven itself when it comes to promoting businesses and brands. But little has been said about promoting a person’s experience, skills and ingenuity using QR codes.
Here’s how you could use QR codes for enhancing your personal image.
1. QR code business cards. Probably the most often talked about suggestion in using QR codes for enhancing your personal brand, QR code business cards help you give the impression that you are out to give your customers, colleagues and acquaintances convenience and transparency. You are not limited by the small space of your business card, instead you give them the chance to get to know you fully on your own personal blog or social media accounts. You can choose to put in information that is not only strictly business, but personal too.
2.QR code resumes. Just recently, people have been talking about Victor Petit’s QR code resume. Petit has been trying to land an internship with a communication agency. His idea of attaching a QR code to a picture printed behind his paper resume.
When the recruiter scans this QR code, which was posted where his mouth should have been, they are taken to a video of the mouth talking about himself and everything he wanted the recruiter to know about him.
A QR code resume definitely helps you stand out from all the other resumes recruiters and employers have on file. It also makes your resume more memorable, so that even if there’s no position fit for you right now, recruiters could easily remember you when one becomes open in the future.
3. Gain trust with a QR code. Whether you are in real estate, sales and marketing or in other similar positions, it would make sense to put out a QR code for your own personal use somewhere. Real estate agents, for instance, could put up a QR code on their signs, which would take prospective home buyers to a video of the agent giving them a virtual tour of the property.
It’s basic human nature that you do not instantly trust anybody you’ve never met or seen in person, so it is worthwhile to give them a glimpse of yourself or your personality via a creatively placed QR code.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Codes Trace the Origins of the Fish You Eat
- QR Code Newsbits: What Else Is Happening?
- Healthier Lifestyles with Mobile Apps
- Munzee Makes Scavenger Hunts with QR Codes Fun and Easy
- How to Create Effective Call to Action Buttons
- Steve Jobs: A Tribute
- QR Code To Restore America's Gulf Issue
- QR Code On A Paper PAK
- Would You Rather, Really, Thumb It?
- A QR Ticketing System With One Standard Works Best
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.