It may seem silly to have a QR code on your website, blog posts, Facebook profile or Twitter account. Most people say that you’re already online on a desktop, so why do you need to put a QR code on these pages?
But still, it helps to have a QR code on all your online pages. Why? Here are some reasons.
1. To make it easier to share. Just think of your blog’s most popular post. For instance, a teacher comes to your site and reads your blog post on QR codes and its uses in education. She finds it interesting enough to print out and makes a copy for each of her students. The printed blog post has your QR code on it.
When the students see the code and some simple instructions on what to do with it, they can scan the code and find your blog or your site. It’s a two-way advantage: they get to learn more about something they care about and you get to have more visitors.
2. Make it easier for people to be more mobile. Have you ever have one of those moments when you stumble upon a pretty interesting article and you just need to hurry for work? Or perhaps you found an interesting site that you would want to look at while commuting? Or what about overly lengthy blog posts about a very interesting topic that you think would be worth reading while waiting for a friend in a coffee shop?
These are just some instances when you would appreciate having a QR code on the site you are visiting. You don’t need to tap a whole bunch of characters into your smartphone and eventually getting something wrong. All you have to do is to snap the QR code and bookmark the page for later reading.
With more and more people who are on-the-go, it makes sense to make it easier for them to take your content and make it available to them while they are out of home. QR codes are free to create and easy to share and display, what’s keeping you from adding value and convenience to your pages?
Have you put QR codes on your websites before? Why did you do it? Share it with us in the comments!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Mother Informed of Son’s Death on Facebook
- The Top 20 iPhone Games You Should Get and Play (Part 3)
- Beating Food Allergy In Restaurants
- QR Codes Crop Up on Mobile Phone Skins
- Pay The PayDragon Way
- App Ideas: Snapseed
- Soldiers Get Mobile Training via QR Codes
- Remember Your Loved Ones And Share With QR Code...On Tombstones
- How to Use Apps to Market Your Business
- Making Every Cent Count With Iphone And 2D Barcodes
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.