Now that you have your app created and it has been tested and working fine, you would need to have it listed on the appropriate app market. Your app should be included in Apple’s App Store or the Android Market, or any other app store such as Nokia’s Ovi or BlackBerry’s App World.
Once it is listed in the appropriate app market, that’s it, right? Well, not really.
You should take time to market your app. While having it listed in the market is a good way for people to stumble upon it, it always makes sense to lead customers to your app.
Here are the top three app marketing mistakes that you should not do in order to succeed with your app:
1. Not having an app marketing plan. Ideally, your app marketing plan should start just when you are designing your app. This way, you would know just what your slant would be, where you would advertise and other such things. Also, coming up with an app marketing plan early would help you gain a tremendous amount of buzz even before you have finished your app. For example, you could talk about the app’s development and give your customers a status on the app and how it’s doing.
2. Not bothering to track, monitor and measure. When you market your products and services, you often take into consideration how to find out if what you are doing is working or not, or how effective your efforts are. This is the same thing with your apps. Take time to know just how many downloads are being made every day, what its ranking is or how many reviews have been made. Also try to see what makes people download your app, such as a positive review or a blog post about your app.
3. Not having a reasonable budget. Some developers do not like shelling out money to promote their app. If you think that your app has a great potential to make it big, then do everything to promote it, including investing money in it.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Three Mobile Apps That Are Making a Splash Right Now
- Weary Of Patent Law Mud Slinging
- Vivienne Tam Uses QR Code On Fall Design Dress
- Get On The Peace Path With These Apps
- QR Codes Offer One Way of Ordering at Cashless Sandwich Joint
- Use QR Codes To Help Tourists
- So, Who Is Really Using QR Codes?
- Dupont Buys Into QR Code
- QR Code Reader – Back to Basics
- Air New Zealand Uses 2D Barcodes For Boarding
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.