Having an understanding of how people take to new technology allows you to ensure that your consumers should see your QR codes as something useful and something easy to use. Admittedly, however, there is no single formula for success. Understanding your consumers and conducting research on what they need and want could go a long way in knowing just what online experience you should offer them. This would spell the difference between getting your QR code scanned or ignored.
Here are the factors that work!
1. Novelty. People will try out what’s new to their eyes and something that they have not experienced yet. Curiosity might have killed the cat, but it is also what gets your target market to sit up and take notice. A lot of people have not yet scanned a QR code, so it’s time that your QR code piques their interest!
2. Fun and competition. One of the earliest implementations of QR codes have been in augmented reality games and scavenger hunts. The Boston Globe, Big Read, Kid Robot and other companies have sponsored scavenger hunts using QR codes. Using QR codes to tie your product with fun, games, and perhaps some friendly competition can help engage your customers. This works particularly well if you offer large prizes, which work as a…
3.Reward. Imagine you’re in a restaurant and they have a QR code on their table napkins. You scan it and you are shown some advertisement for a product, or they tell you how certain dishes in the restaurant are prepared. Not only that, you are treated to a free bottle of beer for taking time to scan the code.
4. Exclusivity. Man is a social being, but he also has a need for exclusivity. This is why there are still private clubs that are open only to their members. Or having to fight their way into the “elite” crowd. A great example for this is the recent Boardwalk Empire QR code campaign that gave tickets and invites to those who scanned their QR code. These events are not open to the public and is by invitation only.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Codes and Other Easy Mobile Marketing for Your Small Business
- Five Mobile Apps That You Simply Must Try
- Volvo Includes QR Codes On Trucks
- Inky Linky Makes Links on a Printed Web Page Come Alive
- BeQRious Allows You to Create a Customized QR Code for Free
- Instagram Came To Android
- Get Chocolate Easter Eggs with a QR Code
- Canada Restaurants Promote Transparency Via QR Codes
- QR codes for Professionals
- QR Code Thunders Through Thailand
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.