In the previous two installments, we have talked about what makes people adopt a new technology such as QR codes. Also, a deeper look at what makes people scan a QR code or avoid it altogether.
Here are more tactics on how to have your target buyers scan your QR codes:
5. Freebies and Discounts. One of the best way to get them to click on your QR codes is to offer them a way to save money, be it by giving them something for free or giving hefty discounts!
6. Branding. When CK came out with a huge billboard depicting a QR code in New York, it capitalized on its image and brand to get people to scan their code. Having built up an image and reputation for racy and controversial ads, CK eschewed the almost naked models and replaced them with the blocky and unsexy QR codes. Yet, a lot of people, expecting a salacious ad or image, whipped out their mobile phones and decoded the QR code.
7. A definite call to action. As any marketing professor would tell you, a call to action is very important. It’s okay to say that “Product X is only $5″ but it’s much better to say “Buy Product X now for only $5!” QR codes are no different, more than clarifying what people should do with them, a good QR code campaign should use a good call to action.
Remember that creating the code and getting it printed and included on your marketing materials, brochures and Web site is only half of the challenge of creating a good QR code campaign. Freebies, a good call to action, exclusivity, among others, all work to help you persuade your target consumers to scan your QR code. But remember that you should be able to provide to them the best online experience they could get from you and your products.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Codes To Phase Out Or Here To Stay
- QR Codes and Alcoholic Drinks Do Mix!
- Wildwood Aviation Museum Offers New QR Code Tour Guides
- McDonalds To Provide Nutritional Value of Food Served With QR Code On Packaging
- QR Codes Help e-Merchants Get Repeat Orders
- QR.C.O.D.E. Is the Key to QR Code Marketing Success
- Singapore NEA Speeds Up Inspections With QR Codes
- Easter Bunny Knocking On Your Phone
- Video Access From Red Wings Today Program
- QR Code Is Not ALIEN Stuff
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.