Technorati, the premiere search engine for blogs, has come up with a list of the best QR code campaigns so far, and we have to say that it is a very global list.
Check out their selections, and tell us if you agree!
1. Tesco South Korea: Tesco posted a virtual grocery display at South Korea’s subway stations. Each merchandise carries a QR code. Subway train riders who want to buy the items only need to scan the QR code and pay online. The goods are delivered to them at home.
2. MyToys.de Germany: MyToys.de used QR codes made out of Lego blocks to promote the toy. These colorful Lego QR codes were painstakingly created by hand. The result? The Lego codes campaign was responsible for 49% of MyToys.de’s online traffic, and the Lego sets that were advertised by the QR codes sold twice as many as those that were not advertised.
3. Chili’s: Chili’s put up QR codes on coloring sheets and table marketing materials that they have in their restaurants. The idea was to have their patrons scan the QR codes and donate to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Over the course of the campaign, the QR codes received 291,000 scans, raising more than $5 million for the hospital.
4. Starbucks and Lady Gaga: Starbucks helped promote Lady Gaga’s Born This Way album by holding a scavenger hunt in its stores. Winners and those who got to break the puzzles were given a free download of her song, The Edge of Glory.
5. JCPenney’s Santa Tags: JCPenney uses QR codes to help users include a personalized message with their gifts. The QR codes allow buyers to record a video which their recipients can then view using the same code. Read more about it here: http://beqrious.com/show/jcpenny-christmas-advertising-campaign-to-include-qr-codes
Are there any campaigns that you think should be included in the best 5 that Technorati came up with? Do let us know in the comments!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Yahoo Tries to Lure Back Users with Mobile Apps
- Proper And Improper Ways To Implement A QR Code
- QR Codes Help Shoppers in Amsterdam Shop Outside of Business Hours
- University of Limerick Uses QR Codes and Mobile Apps to Guide Freshmen around Campus
- Five Things to Look for in a Logo
- Of Stamps And QR Codes On Car Seats
- Planning a Major Update to Your App? Two Things to Consider
- All Dolled-Up For Sidewalk Catwalk
- Who's In On QR Codes
- Business Cards With QR Codes Makes For Better Promotion
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.