QR codes are a great way to entertain your customers. Here is a cheat sheet on how to do your QR codes marketing right.
1. Short videos are the best. Videos should be kept short. Remember that with a lot of telecommunication companies cutting down on their unlimited data plans, your users might be turned off by long videos and the longer download time. Not only that, longer download times are going to bore your users.
A good way to achieve a viewable video is to decrease the resolution. Your users would be watching them on a smartphone or any mobile device, it does not pay to have the video in HD, which takes longer to download and view.
2. Position your QR codes correctly. This is for marketing posters and billboards that are big, such as subway ads. You may be formatting your poster on a computer, so it is easy to overlook user convenience when putting your QR code in the poster.
Say you have a campaign to have life-sized ads in a public area. Make sure that you position your QR codes correctly. Not too high as to make it susceptible to scanning errors or even making it impossible to scan. But not to low either that people would have to crouch to snap them!
3. Use a URL shortener. Make sure that you use a URL shortener if you are going to place long links behind your QR codes. This makes it easier for people to snap your QR codes because of the larger pixels.
4. Keep the cardinal rules in mind. Always, always, stick to the best practices when doing a QR code campaign. We have prepared a great guide on how to succeed with your QR code marketing here: The Dummies’ Guide to QR Code Marketing.
To wit, you need to:
2. Generate the code correctly.
3. Design your code.
4. Duplicate what others are doing right.
5. Measure and track your codes.
6. Revise and Review.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- BlackBerry Messenger Now on Android and iOS
- Dita Von Teese Loves QR Codes
- Cemetery in Lincoln Nebraska has a QR Code for a Serial Killer
- Idea: Making Trick or Treat More Fun with QR Codes
- More Tips on How to Do Your QR Code Direct Mail Marketing
- HBO Launches QR Code Campaign for Boardwalk Empire At Bus Shelters
- QR Codes On Stickers Of New Cars In Showroom In The US By 2012
- Bringing You Canada On Your Phone
- Long Island Pulse Magazine Embraces QR Codes
- QR Code, Facebook And Mums
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.