BeQRious.com has always said that QR code adoption depended on the uptake of smartphones, without which it would be impossible to scan the QR codes we see.
The good news is that smartphone sales are rising!
Smartphones on the Rise
There is an online countdown that estimates just when smartphones would become a majority among US users, and the current estimate puts it at less than 2 years away, or on August 22 next year. See the countdown here: http://web.me.com/hdediu/Smartphonecountdown/Welcome.html Nielsen is more optimistic saying that majority status of smartphone users is possible at the end of 2011.
Other interesting statistics:
- Nielsen further reports that nearly a third of US mobile phone own a smartphone in December 2010.
- Gartner reports that in 2010, 297 million smartphones were sold out of 1.6 billion mobile phones. The figure represents a 72.1% percent increase in smartphone sales over a year’s period.
- 2.5 billion smartphones are predicted to be sold in a five-year period, from 2010 through 2015, says the Coda Research Consultancy.
- Coda also says that mobile Internet use would increase by more than 5000% over that same period.
In any case, it is very apparent that smartphones will become the norm rather than the exception soon enough. It is heartening that more and more of these smartphones are coming out with a preloaded QR code reader. If it does not, there are a lot of QR code reader applications that are available for free from various QR code services.
Take this growing number of smartphone users with the fact that brands and companies are coming out with their own QR code campaigns aggressively, which in turn leads to higher QR code awareness, and you could confidently say that QR codes would soon become commonplace.
What this means is that coming up with a QR code campaign right now to market your business, products, or services would not go to waste. QR codes are easy to generate and campaigns involving them are easy to implement. And with BeQRious’ QR tracking service, it is also very easy to measure!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Smaller Brands Cropping Up For Smartphone Industry
- Youku Now Uses a QR Code for Their Videos
- QR Codes, Gangnam Style
- Taking kids around the globe with QR Codes
- Intelisent Integrates QR Codes into Webtrack Tracing Product
- Are Image Recognition Software a Threat to QR Codes?
- Syco Launches Labrinth With Digital Campaign
- Let’s Not Wine About QR Code
- 2d Barcodes Frenzy Hits Hungary
- Air New Zealand Uses 2D Barcodes For Boarding
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.