QR codes can be applied in almost every business and almost every industry. Restaurants have been one of the first few businesses to take to this technology.
Here at BeQRious.com, we are all about best practices. So how do you make more money by simply paying more attention to your menu? Here are our top five tips:
1. Take time to categorize your offering. People often go into restaurants craving for a chicken dish, or a pork dish. That’s why it makes sense to group your dishes according to their main ingredients: pasta, pork, beef, vegetarian, seafood, and whatever you have. The more categories you have, the better.
It is said that people often order what comes first on the menu, so if they want chicken, they are most likely to order the first chicken dish you listed.
Start off with the most profitable dish you have for every category. By most profitable, we mean those which offers you the biggest margins.
2. Highlight a dish. Create a Dish of the Month, or perhaps have a section for your daily specials. This is where the QR code comes in handy. Since you can’t really print a different menu every day because of cost constraints, you can invite your diners to scan a QR code to reveal the daily special, which could also include pictures or a video of the food and of how it was prepared. You could even provide an in-house iPhone that they could use if they happen to leave their smartphones at home.
3. Pictures sell. A customer is more likely to order a dish when he or she sees a picture right next to it. This is when you can get more creative, with the help of a QR code. You could take them to a mobile site that features not just pictures of your dishes, but also the cooking procedure.
4. Exclusivity. Joe’s Terrific Home-Style Burger would be a terrific name for, well, a hamburger. It doesn’t only differentiate your burgers, but it makes people think that it is unavailable elsewhere and they could only get it from your shop.
5. Flaunt your ingredients. A dish would sell better if people knew what went into them. This would be extra special if you went out of the way to procure expensive and special ingredients for your dishes. For instance, you use Belgian chocolates for your desserts, or Kopi Lowak for your house brew. You could list all the ingredients on the menu, but why stop there? Go a step further by putting a QR code that resolves to a video showing your cook or chef using all these fine ingredients to create a gastronomic masterpiece!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Media Markt Uses QR Codes and NFC for Shopping Wall
- Is Google Glass Really Such a Different Threat To Our Privacy?
- QR Codes Help Researchers Study Ants
- Five Highly Recommended Android Apps to Try This February
- QR Codes Facilitate Voter Registrations 30,000 Feet up in the Air
- Voting For Your Favorite Wine Made Easy
- Mobile Sites: Why You Should Do It Right
- How QR Codes Could Enhance Your Current Marketing Efforts
- Austria’s Month-Long Scavenger Hunt
- QR Code To Help Japanese Chefs From Getting Lost In Australia
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.