If you have not noticed this before, modern folks are more cautious about what goes into their tummies. When we were young, we never wondered how many calories we were consuming, if the meal was providing us with enough fiber or was it too much carbohydrate. Never. What we worried about back then was ‘were we getting enough food?’ or ‘is there any left?’
Anyway, we are fast-paced bunch of beings and we find that there are more and more people who opt to eat out during weekdays because of long working hours. This means we need to know what goes into the meal that we are ordering. But that is not possible. Or is it?
Well, with a QR Code, it is possible.
A restaurant can help consumers make more informed decisions by printing a QR Code:
1. Beside each item so that customers can scan the said item with a cell phone QR Code reader software so that they know what EXACTLY goes on the plate and the kind of nutrition they are getting
2. Print a general QR Code that leads the customers to a mobile website where they get to browse through all the items on the menu and make a decision on what they want to order based on the information.
Branding and loyalty. On top of helping customers make better decisions about what to order in the restaurant, customers also tend to feel more confident about coming to the restaurant again because when they leave, they are going to think: this place, they really have nothing to hide. The QR Code campaign also creates loyalty among your customers.
Because the QR Code can be saved or bookmarked into the cell phone, if the customer liked what they ate, they might even help promote the restaurant to others by sharing the QR Code with their friends, family members or work pals.
And that is not the end of it. Think about it, when they have a function, all they need to do is to log onto the mobile website, browse through, list down the items that they want for the function and then send an email right off.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- What Is Freemium and Other Mobile App News
- University of South Dakota Professor Develops Invisible QR Code
- Southern Tasmanian Fruit Farm Plants QR Codes
- Chief Marketer Study Reveals Marketers’ Increasing Use of QR Codes for Mobile Marketing
- Michigan Bars and Restaurants Feature QR Codes on Coasters to Help Prevent Drunk Driving
- QR Codes On Tombstones, For Real
- More Health-Related Apps for Health Buffs On-the-Go!
- How to Get More from Your QR Codes
- Changing Libraries
- Arkansas Is First To Go With QR Code
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.