Here’s a couple of QR Code news you may have missed: one pertaining to ASC Industry’s use of QR code technology on its product labels and the other pertaining to QR code scanning statistics from Scanbuy.
ASC Uses Part-Specific QR Codes on Product Labels
Water pump manufacturer ASC Industries will be printing Quick Response codes on the product labels of both its Airtex and ASC brands of water pumps and pump timing kits. The codes will appear on the part number label and scanning them will lead one to a part-specific URL.
Every code is unique and the part-specific site it resolves to contains the latest information on the product and the application. This information also includes the installation instructions, application-specific links and even product bulletins.
Mobile Code Scanning Grow 400% in 3rd Quarter 2011, ScanLife Says
Scanbuy Inc., the leader in mobile barcode solutions, released its Q3 2011 ScanLife Mobile Barcode Trend Report. This new report marks the one year anniversary of the ScanLife inaugural report, so it looks into how far mobile barcodes have come in the last 12 months.
One of the Q3 report’s highlights is the number of scans that ScanLife processed to date. The report shows that through September 2011, there had been over 20 million scans, which represent a 400% increase from the number of scans during the same period last year. This only demonstrates how fast mobile barcodes has grown.
Other significant numbers from the Q3 report:
- 2D code activity continues to rise, with 44,653 2D codes generated from the ScanLife platform in the third quarter of this year.
- In 2010, the largest customer campaign saw 65,000 scans. For the third quarter this year, a customer, who completed a 6-week campaign, garnered over 400,000 scans.
- The number of countries scanning in a single given day increased from 77 in Q3 2010 to 128 in Q3 2011, representing a 66% increase.
- Scans by females increased by 13% since the same period a year ago. This means female scanners now make up about 40% of the entire ScanLife mobile app audience.
- Over the past year, the food & drink category jumped from 14% to 40% in all 1D products scanned.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- One in Three Handsets to Have NFC Capability by 2017, Berg Insight Says
- The ABCDs of QR Code Engagement
- Raaw Foods International’s Great QR Code Idea
- Four Easy Ways to Improve Your QR Code Marketing Now!
- Three Mobile Sites to Learn From
- Things Are Looking Up for Mobile in 2012
- Teach Yourself HTML5
- QR Codes Hit Frankfurt Trains
- QR Code, Facebook And Mums
- Green Museum In PA Uses QR Code
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.