QR codes are definitely on the upswing. Based on a Google Trends report, traffic for the search term “QR Codes” have been steadily rising since it was first tracked in 2007.
In fact, the searches for QR codes have more than doubled in one year starting from July 2010 to July 2011 alone. This is for all territories.
It would seem that Canadians are doing most of the searching, with the United States a close second. Ireland, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands round out the top 5.
Focusing on the United States, QR code search trends follow the same upward curve. Most searchers come from Iowa, Kansas and Minnesota.
It would seem that what is driving most of these searches are online publications such as the Seattle Post Intelligencer, San Francisco Chronicle, Vancouver Sun, CBS News and the Independent.
Interestingly, searches for smartphones — a closely tied technology to QR codes — are also following the same trend.
Using QR Codes to Gain Traffic
All these information would be nothing if you do not act on it. As such, we recommend two ways to take advantage of QR codes to drive foot traffic to your site.
1. Make your website mobile friendly and disseminate your URL using QR codes. It is no longer enough to just advertise your URL, especially for long URLs that would be a pain to tap into smartphones. Put your site URL behind a QR code and invite users to scan them. They would take you to your website, easily and conveniently. However, you have to make sure that your site has been optimzied for mobile phone screens so that your users would have a great experience using your site.
2. Publicize your QR code campaigns. There is no better way to attract more people to your site than having a well-crafted press release or blog posts to help people know about you and your business. The beauty is that more and more people are searching for the term QR codes, so it would be easy enough for them to stumble upon your Web release.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Deep In Thought About A SmartWatch
- Google Is Eyeing Whatsapp
- Mobile Marketing with QR Codes
- QR Codes Around the World (Sort Of!)
- Fotolio – Android App For The Avid Photographer
- 2012: Marketing Trends and Predictions
- Is There a Doctor in the House? How About Your Phone?
- Be Patient And Master The Art Of Engaging Your Consumers
- The Wrong Turns We Made In Using QR Code
- Fast Selling QR Code Calendars
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.