Nielsen has come out with some very interesting behavior patterns among Android users in their recently released study. They reported that on the average, an Android user spends 56 minutes on the mobile Web.
However, Android users are actually spending more time on mobile apps than they are browsing the mobile Web. In fact, they spend around 2/3s of those 56 minutes on mobile apps.
BeQRious.com has always said that people would soon use mobile apps more than they would a mobile browser. This is because apps provide an easier interface with less tapping and text input than browsers ever could. This translates to a better online experience with apps.
And this trend could very well be the trend of the future. We predict that in time people would eschew mobile browsers and will just use apps instead.
But the Nielsen report also comes with some bit of bad news. They report that only the top 10% of all Android apps are being used. In fact, 43% of those minutes being spent on apps are done on these apps. The top 50 apps are responsible for around 60% of the time spent on mobile apps.
What does this mean?
This might mean that you would have to work harder on developing and conceptualizing your own app if you want to compete in the other 60% not owned by the top 50 Android apps. With close to 250,000 apps now on the Android Market, that’s a pretty crowded market.
But it also presents a very good opportunity to get a niche following. If you get a great app on the market, then it would be easy to get and build on a loyal following.
Information Week’s Eric Zeman writes that 40% of the top 10 free and top 10 paid apps on the Android Market, 40% of these are games, while the other 60% is composed of utilities and social media apps.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Codes for Prescription Meds
- Samsung Splurges On R&D
- Turkish Tattoo Company Uses QR Codes to Hire New Artists
- Interactive Totem Pole Uses QR Codes to Rebuild Sense of Community
- Cemetery in Lincoln Nebraska has a QR Code for a Serial Killer
- QR Codes Facilitate Voter Registrations 30,000 Feet up in the Air
- So, What’s Up With Your Android Web Browser
- P&G and Walmart Rolls Out the PGMobile Shopping Truck
- Tablets to Sell More than Notebooks in 2012; 195 Million Sold by 2015
- Is The Rest Of The World Ready For QR Codes
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.