QR codes are great in that you could put anything behind it. You could link a video, a Web site URL, a photo, coupons and other content behind a QR code.
But by itself, you cannot read a QR code. You would need to have a QR code scanner installed on your smartphone before you could scan one and access the information behind it.
For some, that would seem like a nuisance, but you can use this to your advantage. How about using QR codes to add a layer of mystery to your marketing campaigns?
How? Try these ideas:
1. Create a QR code puzzle. Instead of giving out the whole code, why not turn it into a jigsaw puzzle that your customers could complete? This way, you would allow them to have fun with your QR code rather than just look at it and scan it and then move on. This would also help make it easier for you to engage your customers because you already have their attention with the jigsaw QR code.
2. Create a QR code loyalty card. Instead of just having boxes with numbers indicating the number of times they have bought from your store, why not cut up a QR code into nifty stickers. You can stick one portion of the QR code every time the customer makes a purchase. Once he or she has made the required number of purchases, the QR code will be complete. When the customer scans it, he or she will be taken to a Web site where he or she can redeem a prize or get fabulous discounts or rebates.
3. Create a series of videos about your store or products. You can use a QR code at the end of the videos to direct your customers to the next video or to a special prize.
4. Create a variation of an Easter egg hunt. You can “hide” QR codes in your store and have your customers find them and scan them for special discounts.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Raaw Foods Teams Up With Cas Haley For Christmas Promotion
- Beating Food Allergy In Restaurants
- Want a Successful Mobile Campaign? Educate Your Customers!
- How to Do Your QR Code Direct Mailing Right
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: QRCodeTracking.com Launches Its Own API!
- Browser Apps
- QR Codes Against Drunk Driving
- Diesel Fuels Up With QR Code Facebook 'Like' Campaign
- QR Code Promotion For Meta Assassin Using Rubik's Cube
- Ready-to-use QR Code PHP
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.