Yesterday, we started discussing how to do your QR code direct mailing correctly, with simple steps such as creating a mobile site for your products and services and testing your QR codes on different platforms.
Here are three more tips!
1. Create a visually appealing mail, with great content. It is not enough to just have a QR code and a mobile site, you would need to entice people to scan your QR code and visit your site.
To do this, you need to have a beautifully made mail, carefully laid out and complete with graphics.
Your mail should also have great content: tell them the benefits of buying your products, of buying from you. It could be that you give the best quality at the lowest prices or perhaps you offer an easy payment scheme, or you promise the best customer and after-sales service.
2. Always include a call to action. In this case, you should have two calls to action. One is obviously telling them to scan the QR code, while another one is to provide an alternative to the QR code (call now, or visit our website).
3. Place your QR codes strategically. You should make sure that when you put your QR code in the layout of your mail, it should be:
1. Easily noticed. Your QR code should capture your recipient’s attention. Since it is one of your calls to action, it should grab your readers’ eyeballs.
2. Not intrusive. Place your QR code in a natural place that will not ruin the layout of your mail. It should not stick out like a sore thumb, but instead looks like it was placed there with thought.
3. Scannable. Check to see if people would be able to scan your QR code easily and successfully. The QR code needs to be an inch or more all around, with sufficient white space around it. If you are going to use a letter sized envelope, make sure that the QR code is not creased when the mail is folded!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Goodbye Google Wallet?
- Healthier Lifestyles with Mobile Apps
- A Giant Fight For The Apple Pie In The Smartphone Battlefield
- Wood Lake Nature Center Adds QR Codes
- QR.C.O.D.E. Is the Key to QR Code Marketing Success
- PSC Info Incorporates QR Codes into Billing Statements and Invoices for Accelerated Payments
- Autolyst to Launch QR Code Powered Automotive Social Network
- Too Many Features? These Design Ideas Will Help Save the Day!
- Google's QR code URL Shortener All The Rage
- Video Access From Red Wings Today Program
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.