In an age where websites are increasingly being viewed on mobile phones, tablets, and other mobile devices, it is very vital to have a mobile version for your site.
But if you think that just using your current desktop-based website for your mobile site would do, then you are wrong. Even with smartphones and tablets becoming more and more powerful, you should still make sure that your mobile site displays properly on any mobile device screen.
Why is this very important?
1. Give your users the best experience. There is no sense in making your mobile visitors scroll from left to right and up and down just to read the content on your site. If you have made sure that your site renders properly, they will not need to do a lot of scrolling. Also, it helps to ensure readability and usability for your mobile sites so that mobile users would not find it difficult to read your text or get lost trying to find their way around your mobile site.
2. Let Google index your mobile site. As with the desktop version of your website, it is useless if people cannot find it. Google, however, uses a different crawler for mobile sites. If the crawler does not recognize your mobile site or is not able to view it, it will not show up on its index. In short, your site would not be searchable if the person searching for your site is on a mobile device. Think of all the sales and the hits that you are going to miss out on if this happens to you.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Codes for Prescription Meds
- Samsung Splurges On R&D
- Turkish Tattoo Company Uses QR Codes to Hire New Artists
- Interactive Totem Pole Uses QR Codes to Rebuild Sense of Community
- Cemetery in Lincoln Nebraska has a QR Code for a Serial Killer
- QR Codes Facilitate Voter Registrations 30,000 Feet up in the Air
- So, What’s Up With Your Android Web Browser
- P&G and Walmart Rolls Out the PGMobile Shopping Truck
- Tablets to Sell More than Notebooks in 2012; 195 Million Sold by 2015
- Is The Rest Of The World Ready For QR Codes
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.