Sometimes various kinds of technology combine to make something more powerful, unique and one of a kind. For years now, artists, painters, sculptors have used QR codes with their artwork to make it interactive and to help communicate its message to its audience.
In Portugal, we have recently seen the perfect example of an artist who uses different technologies to make his art more interactive. In his latest project dubbed “Project Paperclip”, artist Nuno Serrao makes use of augmented reality, a mobile app and QR code to add an auditory element to his artworks. So it is not just a sight to behold, but a total art experience.
Visitors to the exhibit must download an augmented reality mobile app also called Project Paperclip. Each photograph on display has a QR code next to it. Users then scan these QR codes to activate the soundtrack for the photograph.
The music played is dependent on various factors, including the time of the day when the QR code was scanned, the noise in the room, the voice of the viewer, localization of the viewer and his or her movements.
QR codes and art have been together before. Instances include:
* In London, QR codes provided a new venue to sell artwork: the streets. Instead of artists sending their works to a gallery, these artworks are going to be displayed on the streets. Each one will have a QR code attached to it and these codes will provide information about the artwork such as origin, price, how it was created and all other facts given by the artist.
* Tony Taj also used QR codes with his paintings. The painter included QR codes to help tell the story about the characters of his paintings, or to tell people about the scenery. The QR codes on the paintings sometimes take the user to another artwork such as an animated video, a performance or a song. Tony Taj also made sure that people who scan his QR codes get something new each time by periodically changing where the QR codes resolve to.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Code News from around the World
- QR Codes: Helping Holiday Sales
- Top QR Code Campaigns for the Second Quarter of 2012 - Part 1
- NYC Transportation Dept Uses QR Code Haikus in Safety Education Campaign
- Great Insights About QR Code Marketing Campaigns
- Manhattan Hit By QR Code For Internet Week
- Banner vs. QR Codes
- Ways to simplify your life with QR Codes
- Notorious Biggie Film Goes With QR Codes
- Sexy Images And Video Of Kelly Brook Available With QR Code
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.