Kimberly-Clark collaborated with Safe Care Campaign and launched a QR Code Patient Safety Education Program, which aims to provide healthcare facilities and hospitals with free patient care education that they can instantly access at the bedside.
For this program, Kimberly-Clark and Safety Care also teamed up with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Patient Channel, and The Joint Commission’s Speak Up(TM) Educational Campaign. The program distributes “Learn How to Be Safe While Receiving Medical Care” posters that feature QR codes to various healthcare facilities throughout the U.S.
These free posters contain critical patient safety information that patients and their families or caregivers can access directly when they most need it, without requiring the presence of medical staff or any sort of medical training.
Through this Patient Safety Education Program, Kimberly-Clark and the rest of the team hope that they could provide consumers with information that may potentially be life-saving and also support medical care professionals in their efforts at preventing the spread of infection associated with healthcare. They would like to see less number of cases wherein medical errors and mistakes in the delivery of care result to harm and even death among patients, as well as billions of dollars in costs incurred by hospitals.
When scanned, the QR codes found on the posters offer patients instant access to nine educational vignettes that are related to the most common patient safety issues in healthcare facilities:
1. Insisting on proper hand hygiene from a caregiver
2. Preventing an infection when having surgery
3. Preventing blood stream infection
4. Preventing medication errors
5. Preventing an infection when you have a urinary catheter
6. Preventing errors during medical care
7. Preventing patient falls
8. Safety when your loved one is on a ventilator
To download the Patient Safety Education Program’s free poster, go to: http://www.safecarecampaign.org/poster/choose_your_program.html
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Embarking on a Mobile Marketing Campaign? Optimizing Your Site is not Enough!
- New Useful Android Apps - Tried And Tested
- Wildwood Aviation Museum Offers New QR Code Tour Guides
- Get Connected To Your Consumers From The Aisle
- Findables: Service That Helps You Get Rid of Your Business Cards
- QR Codes Power New Type of Lost and Found Service
- QR Codes Help You Have Fun While Getting Dirty
- Can QR Codes Change The Way People Shop?
- Stats On UK QR Code Users Unsurprising
- How To Create Your Own Sand QR Code
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.