Inc. Magazine estimates that there would be an estimated 150 million smartphones in the United States. That number represents half of the total number of mobile devices in the country.
With that in mind, you can just imagine just how many people would be able to and do access mobile phone apps.
If you have a business, a product or a service that you want to market to all these people, then be sure to look into marketing using apps. It’s a good way to make sure that you tap this robust, mobile market!
But how do you do that?
1. Advertise on a third-party app. There are a lot of apps that are available now that may appeal to your target market. For example, if you are in the health food business, you might want to advertise on an app that helps calculate calories or one that helps people lose weight.
Advantages: This is much more cost-effective and because there are actually ad networks that cover mobile marketing, you really do not have to talk to each app developer one by one just to place your ads.
Disadvantages: You have little control on which apps you are shown on, and may not be able to reach your target market well enough. Plus, it creates problems with your branding.
2. Create your own app. If you want to safeguard your brand and make sure that you get your target market to see what you have to offer then consider creating your own app.
Take a look at the free Super8 iPhone app for example, and how it helped sell tickets for the movie.
Advantages: Gives you full control as to how the app would look and function. You can also market your app as part of your current marketing efforts.
Disadvantages: You have to make sure that you have a really useful app in order for it to succeed.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- The Sporting Club Introduces QR Code Instructional Videos For Machines At Health Center
- Dita Von Teese To Include QR Codes on Clothing Line
- Northeast Elementary School Puts Book Reviews Behind QR Codes
- QR Codes Unlock More Characters in Mario Tennis Open
- QR Codes and Lazy Shoppers (Part 2)
- Why QR Codes Still Suffer Lack of Adoption
- Ensogo Unveils QR Code Billboard Campaign in Bangkok
- Custom QR Code Design
- Track The Box’s Life
- Air New Zealand Uses 2D Barcodes For Boarding
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.