Your app is a good way to market your products and services, and can even augment your branding strategies. With the popularity of mobile apps, you could gain a lot of exposure and mileage from a well-developed and meticulously planned mobile app.
But coming up with a mobile app is one thing, marketing it to get it noticed is another.
So how do you get your app to be noticed? Simple, make sure you have a high ranking! But how do you go about this? Aside from understanding how different mobile app platforms rank their apps, and doing a bit of SEO, here are three tips!
1. Market it right away. Once you have released the app on the app market that you choose, be sure to market it fully. Send out press releases, write blog posts, beg others to write about your app, distribute it on other networks, invite people to test it. Everything that you can do to promote the app in the first two weeks is important. The first two weeks is a crucial time for your app and will give you an indicator whether or not it will succeed.
2. Give it away. The best way to distribute your app to as many people as you can is to give it away for free. This will help you gain as many users as possible and would serve your purpose of getting seen by as many eyeballs as possible.
3. Size does matter. When it comes to mobile apps, size matters! For one, if you have a big file (more than 20 megabytes) most users would not download it unless they have a trusty and speedy Wi-Fi connection.
Also, niche marketing works for apps. If you have a finance apps for financial professionals, fine tune your app content to your target audience. Use keywords your target audience would use when searching for your app.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Layar Integrates QR Codes into Augmented Reality App
- Saying Hi From Taiwan
- Interactive QR Codes and Holiday QR Codes
- QR Code Parking Meters Debuts in Australia
- Make The Move Towards A Mobile-friendly Website
- See, Scan, Buy
- Getting Hired: Using the QR Code to Reinvent Yourself
- Curious QR Code On NYC Sanitation Trucks To Encourage Recycling
- iPad To Scan QR Codes
- Falken Gets Wheely Into QR Code
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.