QR codes are a great tool for your marketing campaigns. How many times have you heard that? Well, it is true. But sometimes, companies and brands just do not pay enough attention to how they use their QR codes.
According to the MGH survey, QR codes are now mostly used to get more information about your products and services. And this will continue to rise in the coming months and years. But we think that people would not be encouraged to scan your QR code only to get more information about your product, unless they are really interested in it.
Another prevalent use of QR codes is to get coupons, discounts or secure a deal. We think that this will explode in the coming months. In fact, the MGH study revealed that 53% of users are scanning QR codes today to get discounts. That number is going to balloon to 87% in the near future. Offering deals behind QR codes can persuade your customers to scan your QR code because there is an additional benefit in it for them!
So if you want more bang from your QR codes, then find ways to offer deals and discounts using a QR code. Here are some ideas:
1. QR codes help make it easier for your customers to get a coupon that they could use to buy your products. Have them scan your QR code and they will be able to download a virtual coupon or an image file that they could show at the cash register!
2. QR code loyalty programs. Instead of offering paper-based loyalty programs, have them scan a QR code instead. Once they collected enough “punches”, you could give them a discount!
3. Make it easier for them to access your Groupon deal. If you have a Groupon Deal, then place the URL behind a QR code to make it easier for your customers to buy your deals!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Android-Only Apps that iPhone Users Would Want: Part 1
- QR Code News Briefs: Code d'Urgence and NCR's Mobile Cash Withdrawal System
- Marine Drive Mobile Integrates QR Codes to Core Technology
- Look at How Far QR Codes Have Gone
- Pink Pepper Restaurants Now Accept Takeout Orders Via QR Codes
- How to Make Sure Your Mobile App Succeeds
- Two Reasons Why You Should Have QR Codes for Websites
- Vanity QR Codes: Are They Worth It?
- Getting The Details Before Purchasing Off Counter Medication
- Would You Rather, Really, Thumb It?
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.