If you are doing search engine optimization on your site and you have a mobile version, just remember that there might be a different set of rules when it comes to mobile SEO.
If you want more traffic to your mobile site, here are some things to consider:
1. Go social. A majority of mobile Internet users are social beings: they check on their Facebook account, update their Twitter statuses, even connect on LinkedIn using their mobile devices. Understandably a lot of the traffic that your mobile site would have is via these social sites so it just makes sense to make your websites more social!
2. Go local. A big feature on mobile devices is geo-location. By using your wireless connection or your GPS, search results may be tailored according to the searcher’s locations. This means that your site should have pages geared towards the local market, using keywords that specify your local area, i.e. QR code generator in Chicago.
3. Shorter keywords might work. Tapping into a tablet or using a mobile phone’s keyboard is a lot of work, and is certainly much more cumbersome than typing on a desktop computer keyboard. People who are using their mobile phones are more likely to look for shorter keywords when searching. So forget about having people tap “best skiing lodge in Vail, Co” as they will more likely shorten it to “best skiing lodge vail”.
4. The use of voice searches. Apple’s Siri and Google Android’s voice search function are also changing the way people search. If using mobile keyboards and tapping helps make shorter keywords succeed, it is the other way around with voice search. Indeed, voice searches are more “conversational”. Instead of searching for “best New York restaurant,” people are more likely to ask a question like they do when talking to another person “Where is the best restaurant in New York?”
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Xiamen Airport Goes High Tech
- Majority of Australians Still Unfamiliar with QR Codes, Econsultancy Poll Reveals
- QR Code Fail... What You Can Learn from the Mistake of Others
- Using Custom QR Codes to Help Defeat Counterfeit Products
- Miami Marlins Takes Risk on New Logo - and Failed?
- QR Code Can Save You Money
- Remember Your Loved Ones And Share With QR Code...On Tombstones
- Step-By-Step Instructional Video From Mister Landscaper
- The Psychology of QR Codes, Part II
- Liking On Facebook QR Code, A Whole New Twist
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.