If you already have your mobile app approved and it is already listed on the appropriate app store, you will want to market your app outside of that app store.
The trick to getting ranked is to get more downloads in as little time possible. So how do you do this? Simple! Once the app is approved, you should go all the way in getting the word out about it. How? Here are three cost-effective tips!
1. Traditional and online marketing. Once your app is approved, blast out press releases to your favorite news sites and press release services, put up a blog post announcing your new app, put up notices and download links on your website. If you have a physical store, invite your customers to download the app personally, or put up notices and posters about the app. Put up QR codes on your posters and marketing materials as it would enable your customers to download the app in a snap. The strategy is to put out the information about the new mobile app out there.
2. Go social. Get on Twitter and announce your app, using appropriate hash tags to help other users discover it. Not only will you update your followers, but you will have people stumble upon your app by tying it to certain keywords.
Or you could get on Facebook and look for groups with similar interests as your app’s focus. For example, if you have an app that collates recipes and allows people to add their own, then look for Facebook groups that are focused on cooking or sharing recipes. Join the group and then promote the app.
If you are worried about coming off as a spammer, try coming up with a Facebook ad, targeting profiles that are interested in your app as well as those who are interested in mobile apps in general.
3. Create an AdWords campaign. For the first two weeks or so of your app’s life, you would need as much exposure as you can get. Google’s AdWords and other pay-per-click advertising services out there is a good way to get your apps out. Just make sure that you get relevant keywords so that people who see and click on your ads will download it. This way, you get to optimize your ad spend.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR codes Get Scanned by 2.75 Million Americans Every Day
- Android Financial Tools
- QR Codes Good For Food Trucks
- QR Codes Promote Reading in Catalonia, Spain
- Hedge for the Future with Apps
- The Marriage of Business and QR Codes
- QR Codes To Dot The Direct Marketing Scene Next Year
- Wine Sweepstakes Campaign Uses 2D Barcode
- Paying With Your Mobile Phone Possible
- New Modification Of QR Code - Videos
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.