Be above the rest and don’t just roll out your QR code campaigns. Make sure you get to maximize your QR codes, for your bottom line and to get the love and respect of both potential and current customers.
1. No more wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am mentality. While QR codes are a great way to wow your current customers, they are also a good way to reel in new ones. Instead of a one-shot deal, make sure that your QR codes help you connect with your customers in a continuing fashion. A good way to do this is to allow them to “like” you on Facebook, or have them follow your tweets on Twitter. Or you could ask for their e-mail address before they could get access to your mobile site.
2. Provide great content. Few consumers would really want to see the video of the thing that they want to buy when they are already in the store. So if you have QR codes in your store, opt for a mobile site that gives away coupons and discounts, instead of having a video tour of your store. Make sure that the content you provide in your QR codes make sense. Remember that people would spend money on data charges just to download your video or view your site. Make it worth their while.
3. Make your QR code more attractive with promises. A QR code alone would not entice people to scan it. Give them a preview of what to expect when they scan your code. Offer discounts, exclusive content and other things when they scan your code. One retailer offered a preview service where you could take a picture of yourself and their software allows you to virtually “wear” their pants to make it easy for you to see how it would look on you even when you’re not in their stores.
4. Optimize your site for mobile phones. You have your QR code and you’ve explained how to decode it. It resolves to your Web site. Great right? Except for one thing, your site is not optimized for mobile phones. So what happens? It’s either your potential customers spend time scrolling though huge graphic files, or long-winded texts, or they leave your site without getting to read your information. Make sure that your mobile site is just that: accessible on mobile phones. If possible, create a mobile site apart from your official Web site and use that. Graphics should be kept to a minimum and the page should be written in such a way that scrolling is minimized and navigation is top priority.
In case you haven’t noticed, mobile phone screens are way smaller than computer monitor screens.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Code Fail... What You Can Learn from the Mistake of Others
- University of Bristol Continues to Use QR Codes
- InSinkErator Uses QR Codes to Market Food Waste Disposers
- Vizibility Study Shows High Adoption of QR Codes Among Legal Professionals
- Apple Bids to Train Karaoke Singers with New Technology
- How to Read a vCard on Your iPhone
- QR codes for Professionals
- Step-By-Step Instructional Video From Mister Landscaper
- QR Code Eats Into Organic Food Co-Op In Port Townsend
- An Evolution For The Mobile Marketing Industry
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.