First, let us explain that classic and timeless logos might be interchangeable for some people but they really are not the same.
Timeless logos are those that remain relevant over the years. For example, Tide’s logo has remained basically the same since it first came out more than six decades ago. Timeless logos might change over time but these changes are minor to make it more relevant.
Classic logos are timeless logos that do not really need to be changed because it is very adaptable. For example, the ABC logo with the white text on a black circular background is regarded by a lot of people as a classic logo: you can use it no matter what type of environment you’re in.
Creating a classic or timeless logo is essential for any company. Not only do logos form an important part of the brand’s identity, they will also save you lots of money from having to design and redesign them.
So how do you create a classic or timeless logo?
1. Have your logo reflect your core values. Your business aims may change over time, but your core values may stay the same. For example, you might be involved in general retail now but you might find a better opportunity with wholesale operations. Your core value on the other hand will remain the same no matter what business you are in. Like giving your customers the right price for quality good. Your logo should reflect this value.
2. Be adaptable. The best test to adaptability is by rendering your colored logo in black in white, or in other colors.
3. Avoid being too company- or industry-specific. Make sure that you design your logo so that it is very flexible. For example, Apple’s very recognizable logo does not feature a computer on it, making it very easy to use even on iPhones and iPads.
4. Keep it simple. When creating your logo, you might go overboard with color, graphics, icons, and overall design. While your logo might look good now, it will suffer in terms of flexibility and adaptability, making it very difficult to update in the future!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Codes Trace the Origins of the Fish You Eat
- QR Code Newsbits: What Else Is Happening?
- Healthier Lifestyles with Mobile Apps
- Munzee Makes Scavenger Hunts with QR Codes Fun and Easy
- How to Create Effective Call to Action Buttons
- Steve Jobs: A Tribute
- QR Code To Restore America's Gulf Issue
- QR Code On A Paper PAK
- Would You Rather, Really, Thumb It?
- A QR Ticketing System With One Standard Works Best
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.