Ensogo has launched a new billboard campaign in Bangkok, Thailand. The billboards feature a series of quick response codes that promote deals for luxury products and services.
The daily deals site put up its billboards at the Thonglor BTC station. The location is deemed appropriate as it is frequented by Ensogo campaign’s target market: Bangkok’s jet-setters and frequent travelers. These billboards promote luxury-related products, from golf clubs to vacations.
Ensogo is the biggest daily deals site in Thailand. It was earlier acquired by Living Social.
While Ensogo’s latest campaign is a testament to the widespread adoption of QR code technology, there are also a few things about it that businesses who wish to embark on their own QR code campaign must take note of:
1. Ensogo’s ads contained no explanation about what QR codes are and what people should do with these codes. This is one of the things we have always reminded you against. So as to make sure your QR code marketing effort succeeds, always bear in mind that not a lot of people are informed about these two-dimensional matrix barcodes. In fact, there’s still a huge number of people who have never scanned a QR code before. In effect, ads without explanations are basically useless to people who just don’t know about QR codes.
2. The ads have an issue with timeliness. Some people who have come across an Ensogo ad complain that some of the deals or offers being featured are already expired.
3. Some URLs bring up a security warning. Some warn of a mismatch between the name of the website and the certificate.
4. The ads didn’t take advantage of the codes’ ability to carry video content. Many users think that video content are the most suited and the most effective for mobile phone consumption . Why? Because videos are more stimulating and requires a lot less concentration that plain text.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- The Best Apps for Your Android Tablet
- Why the iPhone 5 loses Out to Samsung Galaxy S4
- Lookout Mobile Says that QR Codes Makes Google Glasses a Security Fail
- Budweiser Uses QR Codes to Help New Friends Connect on Facebook
- Skechers Ventures Into Mobile Marketing
- QR Codes On Iowa City’s Agenda
- Google's Android OS Is Winning Over Apple's iOS
- Steve Jobs: A Tribute
- A-Third Of Our World Is Connected To The Internet
- Contra Costa County Library On The Go
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.