In this day and age, you simply cannot compete if you do not have a website. Almost all businesses nowadays keep an online presence, and it is a good way for your prospective and current customers to learn more about you, your business, your products and services.
Did you know that most people use the Internet to help them decide on what to buy and where to buy it? A beautifully-designed website will surely bring in more business to you.
But a website would be worth nothing if your target market can’t find it. That is why you would need to think about search engine optimization from the very start of your planning.
How do you create an SEO-friendly site? Here are some tips.
1. Make it easy to update. Content management software can help you do away with costly programmers and keeping technical people just to update your site. A good CMS package needs to be easy to use and is inherently search engine friendly.
Remember, the more pages and the more content you have the better chances of getting into search results. This is also important because Google and other search engines value fresh content, so having a blog post or an article up every day or every other day is a good way to get into search engines.
2. Create good content. The single most important way to get good rankings is to have great content on your site. Entertaining and/or informative content will always get people’s attention, and will help your search rankings.
3. Use an attractive design, but be sure to balance it. Some sites rely on Flash animation and lots of graphics. This is problematic for two reasons. One is that it may take some time to load a page that is bursting with too much graphics and Flash animation, and two, it will be very difficult to get graphics and animation high on search rankings.
Create a site that is pleasing to the eye, but remember that it is content that gives you high rankings.
These are just three tips on how to create a search engine friendly website. If you are just starting on your website and you do not want to be burdened by SEO in the initial stages, be sure to find a designer that understands how SEO works and how to apply it to your website design and infrastructure. You could gain a great deal of knowledge this way, making it easier for you to optimize your site down the line.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Instagram Came To Android
- Placing Your QR Codes… Oops, Not There!
- Vizibility Study Shows High Adoption of QR Codes Among Legal Professionals
- How to Make Sure Your Mobile App Succeeds
- QR Codes Entering Mainstream
- Giving Your Consumers A Little Extra
- Tell Best Buy What You Think With QR Code
- Suggestions From A Non-Geek
- What's Behind The Foster Grant QR Code
- Australia Casts Its (Inter)Net
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.