Mobile wallets are really gaining traction with more and more users over the past few years. And why not as more and more providers are giving more options for people who want to use mobile wallets. Then there is also the support of big companies, from Google and Apple, to telecommunication firms, and right to big banks and financial institutions.
The boom in the mobile wallet industry is also helped by technologies such as QR codes and near-field communication. We have seen how these have helped make mobile wallets very easy to use and very secure. All you have to do is to tap your phone against a near-field communication payment terminal, or scan the business’ QR code and you have already paid for your purchases.
But while QR codes and NFC have helped providers to give you a more secure and easy way to pay, there are still some things that you should remember when using mobile wallets.
1. Do not use a checking account. When you link a mobile wallet to a checking account, it is very difficult of you to keep track of your balance. This means that you might be spending more than you intended.
2. Do not input your information into another person’s device. It would be very easy to forget that you have put your information on another person’s phone and he or she might use it erroneously.
3. Be sure that the merchant is reputable. The beauty of mobile wallets is that you can pay smaller merchants who accept mobile payments. But it might become a security problem if you do not trust the vendor that you are paying. Always remember that they might get information about you and your credit card details when you pay via a mobile wallet.
4. Log out of your mobile wallet. You never leave your wallet open with all the money in it right? Same thing with your mobile wallet application. Be sure to exit the app after paying to make sure that your credit card details are not fished by hackers.
More articles in this topic
Want to do something fun, exciting, meaningful and will go down in the history books in the next couple of days. Or perhaps, you are just as easily excited about QR Codes as we are. Either way, here is your chance to join a bunch of enthusiastic youth in making the world’s largest QR Code […]Read more
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
- Most Common QR Code Marketing Mistakes
- Tough Competition For Online Business
- Romania's Garanti Bank Uses QR Codes for Mobile Payments
- Ontario Tender Fruit Growers Now Use QR Codes For Product Information
- QR Codes Used to Enhance Guest Enjoyment at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
- Minister Uses QR Codes to Share Bible Teachings
- Hallmark Uses QR Codes in Halloween Cards
- QR Code Eats Into Organic Food Co-Op In Port Townsend
- Esquire On QR Codes
- QR Code – iPhone Led The Pack
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.