Facebook apps are also a good way to market your products and services. If you are looking for ideas on how to go about your own app, here are three Facebook apps that you might want to pattern after:
1. Farmville. Farmville is one of the most popular social games on Facebook. With more than 35.4 million active users, the simple game is simply addictive. Players could get their farms, play with friends, plant and harvest and improve their farms according to what they like.
2. Music. Facebook may not have its own official music app, but it has been rumored to be launching one and soon. Recent rumors say that Facebook might be launching a music service in time for its f8 developers conference later this month. In the mean time you can go to Music iLike.
This Facebook app lets you add music, videos and even full playlists to your profile. Feeling mushy? Dedicate a love song to a loved one or just about any song for your friends! You could also see what concerts your friends are attending! The app has more than 850,000 active users monthly!
3. The Birthday Calendar. While Facebook reminds you of your friends birthday on the day itself, the Birthday Calendar sends you email alerts so that you could remember your friends’ birthdays even without logging into Facebook. What’s more, it allows you to add friends who are not on Facebook, and even keeps track of anniversaries, holidays and other events.
What’s more, you can send your friends more than just a text happy birthday greeting, but you could also send them an e-card or virtual gifts.
Join the close to 4 million monthly active users and stay out of trouble just because you forgot your wife’s birthday
What makes these apps click on Facebook? For one, they serve a purpose and they are very entertaining. Sure you could record your friends’ birthdays on your own calendar, but it won’t be easy. You could play games on your own but it is much more fun with friends. Inherently social apps are those that take advantage of Facebook’s platform. Facebook allows you to make your apps more fun with friends, so take advantage of that and conceptualize an app that exploits that.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- Google Releases New Wallet App
- Krispy Kreme’s Valentine’s Day Promotion
- Raaw Foods Teams Up With Cas Haley For Christmas Promotion
- Guinness Confirms NoDa Rooftop QR Code as World’s Largest
- Socialize, Interact, Network
- QR Code Contest Promoting Barca To Fans
- Getting Into Your Customers' Heads With A QR Code
- Buzz, Buzz, Buzz... BeQRious?
- Paintball, QR Code Style
- Track The Box’s Life
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.