With 2011 ending, it’s just natural that we look forward to the coming year and see what it would be like for companies that are going to use marketing.
Looking at the trends in 2011 and what’s hot, here are our predictions for 2012:
1. Mobile marketing will increase in 2012. For Black Friday this year, close to 1 out 10 purchases were made from a mobile device. This percentage more than triples the 3.2% share recorded in 2010. This trend will continue next year with the introduction of near-field communication and other wireless payment technologies such as QR codes.
What’s more, MediaPost.com’s Andy Crestodina says that the relationship between brick and mortar stores and websites are reversing now. Whereas before, businesses put up websites as a brochure or catalog for their products, it’s now the other way around with physical stores becoming more and more just “showcases” for their online counterparts.
2. HTML 5 will soar in 2012. With the increased emphasis on being mobile, companies will be busy getting a mobile version of their websites up and running. For some businesses, this will be preferable to mobile apps, where they will have to create different versions for their apps to work on different devices.
3. Mobile apps for marketing. Even with the aforementioned challenges, there will not be a shortage of businesses that would try to come up with a useful and functional mobile app to help market their businesses.
4. Inbound marketing will drive all these trends. Why do business need to spend time and money on their online properties and mobile apps? Because the days of spam are over. Consumers are extremely wary of outbound marketing methods such as sending spam mails and cold calls, and advertising is getting to be less and less effective with people being able to record TV shows without the commercials, or go online to read the latest news.
Inbound marketing helps you talk to qualified and interested leads but this will have to start with your mobile site, social media networks, webinars, and mobile apps. These are the places where you are going to get the leads from!
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- QR Codes, Gangnam Style
- Google Imitates Apple
- QR Codes from LibeTech Can Open Doors for You
- A Keychain-cum-Controller - Good For Gamers
- QR Codes Facilitate Voter Registrations 30,000 Feet up in the Air
- BeQRious Allows You to Create a Customized QR Code for Free
- China’s ZTE Introduces Touch and Share Technology
- Finding Made Easy, Lost No More
- More Tips on How to Do Your QR Code Direct Mail Marketing
- A More Mature Understanding Of QR Codes
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.